Sunday 8 April 2012

Chanel Le Vernis - Blue Satin Review + NOTD

For my birthday I got a Chanel nail colour! I wouldn't dare buy it myself because it is £17.50... that is insane.
I sort of have this inner battle where I compare MAC and other "luxury" brands such as Chanel, Lancome etc. I actually understand the pricing of MAC products - I don't think that most of their stuff is expensive - I think the price is justified.
I can't really say the same for the other brands. I have owned a Lancome foundation (until someone stole it - who steals foundation!?) and powder and the latter really wasn't worth it's price tag of £23.90 - it was sheer, translucent and broke in the pan before I even finished it.
With MAC, the few products I do own, they are not faulty and give me what I want.

Anyway, back to the nail polish.
It is called Blue Satin (#461). In the bottle it looks a dark but shimmery blue:
It is difficult to take a picture to try and show what the colour actually is - it is very dark.
I've used the polish twice now and realised that you only need one coat - if I put 2 on, it literally turns black, dries for about a year and is gloopy and prone to marks. 

On nails, without flash: 



In broad daylight, the hint of blue can be seen but only on close inspection.

On nails, with flash:

I tried to get an angle to show the tinge of blue - its very difficult.

Verdict: it's thick enough to only put one coat on - and as you can see above the results are very opaque if done properly. The price isn't really up everyone's street, but if you can get it as a present - request it! The colour is quite difficult in the sense that it looks black from far away and if you're not used to dark colours, I would avoid this shade. 

:) 
x

1 comment: