Tuesday 22 May 2012

ELF Studio Blushes, Mineral Foundation and lip gloss reviews

Mini-haul today... if you can even call 4 items a "haul".
Ordered from Elf (link) during another one of their promos - gotta love all the little promotions they do, I usually go for the "free delivery after £10 spend" option - this time I got a free Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 with it.



I bought two Studio Blushes I've been lusting after for a while - I was so hyped for these... especially Candid  Coral because I really wanted a coral colour [right]:


Firstly, big disappointment when I opened the box and saw that "Candid Coral" was actually a dirty sort of coppery colour - like it was orange and someone added black pepper specs into it. I hoped it would come out nicely on my cheeks - it was barely visible! Almost no colour pay-off unless I use a very stiff brush and tonne of product.

Mellow Mauve was a happy relief because it is a very nice colour - when I applied it to my finger it felt much softer than Candid Coral and the colour pay-off was OK (2 layers gave a nice glow).
The coral blush can be seen in daylight but not very well... it's very au naturele, but I wasn't really looking for that.

The Mineral Foundation was a pleasant surprise. I got it in Fair, and I have read in many places that people have trouble choosing between Fair and Light because one is extremely orange and the other very pale and some people confuse the two. Luckily, I picked the right one and it blends beautifully with my skin. Obviously, I never expected it to be a "foundation" - I think people who are disappointed with the coverage are a bit silly: it's a sheer powder, of course it won't give any coverage!

Lately I've been into the "powder only" look because its getting hotter and foundation just makes me shiny and look super heavy. My skin isn't bad so I get away with it, and having just powder somehow means that I don't get as shiny (hoorah!). All in all it doesn't give me the "powdery" look my L'Oreal and Bourjois powders do and I really like it :)

Finally, I got one of the 3 promo lip glosses - mine is in Malt Shake which is a mauve sort of cherry reddish-brown. Luckily I didn't get the Mauve Luxe because that just looks way too dark. The package says it's "never sticky" but let's be honest, for £1.50 of course it's going to be sticky. Its a very nice colour though, and I was pleasantly surprised - it doesn't make my lips look too dark. The only downside is, though, the extreme stickiness and the difficulty of application due to that.

 All 4 products applied - the two blushes blended into each other.



:)
x


No comments:

Post a Comment