Wednesday 8 February 2012

NOTD - Black&Silver


Recently I've been trying to make my nails look a bit more..... creative. So I opted for a relatively simple black and silver look :)




This was after the colours were freshly applied - awful application in close up! :(


The next morning... I ended up sleeping on them and the grooves are clearly visible in the photo. Luckily it doesn't look too bad in reality, so I am happy.

To get the look I used:
  • Barry M Base Coat, Top Coat & Nail Hardener
  • Barry M Nail Paint in Black 144
  • Perfect Chic Art Base in Silver 
  • Bourjois 1 Seconde Sparkle Top Coat (Shade 18) 
  • Elegant Touch Rapid Dry for Nails
The latter I got as part of a crackle set from Israel. It is a very nice formula, albeit a bit thick.
  
Procedure
  • 1 coat of base to bare, clean nails
  • 3 coats black polish. Let the coats dry in between
  • Draw a rough line with the silver polish. Fill up to the bottom of the nail. 
  • Let the silver dry. Go over the colour and define the line. 
  • Spray the final coats with Rapid Dry. Leave for a minute
  • Once the nails are dry, apply one coat of sparkle top coat
  • Finish by applying a clear top coat
 The main three products I used

It is relatiely easy to do, but does involve a LOT of coats (so will take a long time to dry) but the overall result looks very pretty, and got me a few compliments! 

:)
x

1 comment: